Thank you for looking at my website. I have been childminding since the end of 2004 and during that time, have cared for a number of children whose parents are more than happy to provide references. Prior to this, I worked in a large international law firm in London for 10 years.

I have a full Certificate in Childminding Practice which is an equivalent to an NVQ3. I am also a Level 3 Qualified Playworker and achieved an Outstanding Grade with Ofsted. I have full public liability insurance cover and a full/clean UK driving licence.

Caryn’s Hotline - 07584 566716

Built with love by

I attend regular training courses, have a current Paediatric First Aid certificate (including epi-pen training), Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering (Food Hygiene) and regularly update my child protection training.

You may wonder why I wanted to be a childminder(!). I’ve always enjoyed working with children and many years ago, I worked on a children’s summer camp in America, which was great fun and stirred my interest further in looking after children.

Also, whilst working in London, I volunteered for a few years in an inner London school, helping children with maths work. This involved playing games and generally building up their self-confidence in answering questions. I enjoyed this enormously.

I love arts & crafts and base a lot of my planning around the children actually making something to either take home each week or to try something different.

I will encourage children to learn about personal hygiene through a daily routine. They will be asked to wash their hands on arrival, before and after eating, after using the toilet, after stroking the animals and when they have been outside.

Parents are asked to keep their children at home if they have any infections and to inform me of the nature of it, so illness is kept to a minimum.

Children who have been vomiting or have had diarrhoea are unable to attend until at least 24 hours has passed since the last attack.

Written permission has to be obtained before I can administer any medicines. This will then be recorded in a book with parent's signature acknowledging the entry. Written parental consent is obtained at the initial onset of placement to seek any necessary emergency medical treatment etc. that may be needed in the future, whilst in my care.

We are a non smoking household.

When cooking for or with children as an activity, I will ensure that the ingredients are healthy and wholesome, thus promoting and extending the children's understanding of a well-balanced diet. All food is hygienically stored, prepared and served.

Children will have the opportunity to play in the fresh air throughout the year, either in my own rear garden or at local parks etc.

My premises, toys and equipment are cleaned regularly and toilets are cleaned daily and changing mats cleaned after use.

I have taken the necessary steps to ensure that all hazards to children on my premises, both inside and outside, are minimised and I have an accident book for incidents to be recorded and signed by the parents.

I have a full drivers licence and appropriate business use insurance/MOT certificates (all of which can be seen). Parents have to sign a consent form to allow me to transport their children in my car.

Caryn’s Hotline - 07584 566716


Coronavirus Policy